CLLR ROGER SYMONDS AND CLLR CHERRY BEATH, LIB DEMS FOR COMBE DOWN WARD

Monday, November 19, 2007

Lib Dem Leadership Election


As you will appreciate I've been following our Leadership Election for some weeks now and I went to Bristol to see a good debate between two excellent candidates last Tuesday. Over the weeks both candidates, Chris Huhne and Nick Clegg have been positive, praised each other and said that whoever wins will give the loser a prominent place in the Lib Dem shadow cabinet. Some differences have emerged over policy, with Chris Huhne challenging Nick Clegg to clarify his views on education and on the Trident nuclear system.

In my view both have their strengths. Chris Huhne has articulated policies that I agree with, but Nick is the more relaxed and confident performer at the hustings. I have still not decided who I shall be voting for. I do hope that they both continue to be positive in trying to tell members why they would be the better leader of the Party and then take the Party forward under a new Leader chosen by members.

Whoever wins will be good news for the Liberal Democrats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home